There’s no denying the fact that rust and corrosion are two of the biggest enemies of metal silos. They don’t just harm the overall appearance of the silo—they also make it a weaker structure and can even contaminate the products inside. The good news is that avoiding rust and corrosion is possible with a little help from your silo painting contractor in Utah. Keep reading to learn more:
- Paint it regularly: A thick coat of paint doesn’t just look good on your silo—it’s actually your best defense against rust and corrosion. Paint protects the underlying metal from the elements, meaning there’s no chance that the metal will start to get rusty.
- Paint it properly: Slapping on a new coat of paint without doing any prep work won’t help at all. Before painting, be sure the painting crew removes all of the old paint and eliminates stuck-on contaminants. The best way to do that is with hydro blasting. We use top-of-the-line gear to remove all of the old paint or rust, ensuring a job well done.
- Use the right paint: Any old paint won’t do when it comes to protecting your silo. Prior to the painting project, discuss which paint your contractor intends to use, and make sure that it’ll do its job in defending against rust and corrosion.
- Perform inspections: Rust spots may start out small, but they can eat through a metal silo in no time. Make a habit of performing walkthroughs of your silo to ensure there aren’t any rust spots developing. Needless to say, if you spot any rust, call an industrial painter as soon as possible.
What to look for in a quality painters
Along with following the points above, you need to hire a reputable silo painting contractor in Utah if you want to prevent rust and corrosion once and for all. Here’s how to identify a good painter:
- Safety-first mentality: The last thing you want is an accident on your property. Ensure that doesn’t happen by hiring a company that puts safety above all else. That’s exactly what you get when you choose Great Western Painting. We put an emphasis on safety during every project, and we’re constantly training on new and improved safety practices.
- Years of experience: Never hire an inexperienced painting contractor. Seasoned painters know the right types of paint to use for each project and all of the steps to take prior to completing the actual paint job. Our team has over 20 years of painting experience, so you can rest easy knowing we have everything under control.
- Good reviews: Don’t forget to look up the painting contractor online. Read through reviews from some of their former customers and only choose a company with consistent four- and five-star reviews. Selecting a contractor with poor ratings will surely lead to disappointment.
The next time you need to hire a silo painting contractor in Utah, be sure to choose our crew at Great Western Painting! Call today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our industrial and commercial painting services.