1. Extremely TOXIC. May be fatal
if inhaled or ingested.
2. Readily absorbed through the
skin – contact may be fatal.
3. Acts as a systemic poison.
4. Causes severe burns.
5. Possible mutagen.
6. Reaction may be delayed.
7. Any contact with this
material, even minor, requires immediate medical
8. 1. Incompatible with strong
bases, metals, glass, leather, water, alkalies,
concrete, silica, sulphides, cyanides and carbonates.
9. Do not work with Hydrofluoric
acid without calcium gluconate gel available to treat
10. Do not assume that gloves
provide an impenetratable barrier to the acid.
11. Is one of the strongest and
most corrosive acids known.
12. Do not assume that dilute
solutions do not require special precautions.
13. Damages living tissue with
fluoride ions rapidly absorbed through the skin and able
to migrate through and destroy tissue until they are
eventually sequestered in the bones.
14. Causes long-term excruciating
pain and burns which are slow to heal.
15. Burns around the fingertips
are reputed to be particularly painful and may require
the surgical removal of fingernails.
16. Procedures using Hydrofluoric
Acid must never be attempted by an untrained person.
18. Highly Poisonous.
19. Dilute solutions penetrate
the skin but does not give the immediate burning
sensation caused by the concentrated form of the acid,
damage may be more severe due to the user
being unaware of exposure.
20. Once the dilute solution has
penetrated, its destructive action will continue even
after surface solution has been washed off.
21. A splash of Hydrofluoric Acid
into the eyes can rapidly and permanently damage sight.
22. The vapor of hydrogen
fluoride, when inhaled, is almost completely absorbed
into the blood stream from the nose, throat and upper
airway, before it reaches the lungs. During absorption,
it can irritate or cause symptoms as mild as itching of
the nose. However, inhalation of high concentrations of
Hydrogen Fluoride vapor is very irritating and its
absorption into the blood stream can be fatal in the
same way as skin absorption.
23. Can cause severe mouth,
throat and stomach burns and may be fatal if swallowed.
Readily penetrates the skin and burns both skin and
deeper tissues. If enough acid is absorbed, it may
affect the heart and nervous system.
Masonry restoration products.
Our products do not contain corrosive acids or
hydroxides, Hydrofluoric acid, Hydrochloric
acid, Muriatic acid or Sodium Hydroxide as some
other products do.Like Below
K&E Chemical Company, Inc. 800.331.1696
HYDROCHLORIC ACID / MURIATIC ACID
1. Exposure to
Hydrochloric Acid can cause circulatory collapse, which
may lead to death.
3. Masonry surface becomes rough or
“etched” when cleaned with Hydrochloric/Muriatic Acid.
4. Can cause
irreversible eye damage and permanent blindness.
5. Can cause gastric
6. Highly reactive
7. Vapors are highly
8. Can damage most
anything it touches (with the exception of some
plastics) including clothing, metal, and skin.
9. Emits a suffocating
odor that can quickly burn the lining of the nose,
throat and even the lungs.
10. Ingestion or skin
contact can cause corrosion of mucous membranes of the
mouth, throat, and esophagus, with immediate pain and
11. May cause a
chemical reaction that will produce hydrogen gas, which
is extremely flammable.
Hydrochloric/Muriatic Acid indoors is not recommended
since the corrosive vapors can begin chemical reactions
in metals that are difficult to stop, leading to
13. Can cause
conjunctivitis and corneal burns, inflammation and
ulceration of the respiratory tract, dermatitis, skin
burns, rhinitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis,
pulmonary edema, dental erosion, hoarseness, a feeling
of suffocation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain,
diarrhea, dehydration, convulsions, oliguria,
hypotension, chills, shock, lethargy, stupor, permanent
visual damage, cough, and choking.
1. Sodium Hydroxide
has been implicated as a cause of cancer of the
esophagus in individuals who have ingested it.
2. Hazardous to the
3. Due to its
corrosive nature, Sodium Hydroxide Aerosols could cause
(severe, life-threatening lung injury)
4. Is extremely
corrosive and is capable of causing severe burns with
deep ulceration and permanent scarring.
5. Can penetrate to
deeper layers of skin and corrosion will continue until
6. Damage can range
from severe irritation and mild scarring to blistering,
severe scarring and clouding.
7. Conditions which
affect vision, such as glaucoma and cataracts, are
possible late developments.
8. In severe cases,
there is progressive ulceration and clouding of eye
tissue, which may lead to permanent blindness.
9. Should ingestion
occur, severe pain; burning of the mouth, throat and
diarrhea; collapse and possible death may result.
10. Can react
violently with water.
11. Significant heat
is released when Sodium Hydroxide dissolves in water.